Skip to main content

Housing and Care Homes

People have differing housing needs whether you are looking for somewhere to live, want to move somewhere more suitable, need help to stay in your home or are homeless and need help to find a home and support to settle in. 

Nursing and residential care homes

Read our Care at home or move home? advice page to find out if you can remain independent, safe and well in your home rather than having to move into a care home.

You can find all local Care Quality Commission (CQC) registered nursing and residential care homes in this directory.  Every home in the directory includes details of the CQC rating.

Find a handy checklist to 'help to choose a care home'.

Find out what other people are saying about care and support services in Sheffield in Care Opinion. You can also read a review or rate a service on this directory.

Contact the Council about your care and support needs if you think you need our help.

Homeless and housing advice

If you are homeless and need help to find a home, support or food you can find organisations in Homeless

If you need help to prevent losing your home, need advice on repairs or your rights as a tenant, you can find organisations in Housing advice.

If you need accommodation with support you can find organisations in Supported housing.

Staying independent

For support to prevent you losing your home, settling into a new home or staying independent you can find floating support services (also known as tenancy support) in Tenant and home owner support. 

If you are an older person who needs to move from your home but wishes to stay independent, find sheltered housing and extra care schemes.

Keeping warm

If you need help to keep warm and reduce your heating costs, you can find organisations in Money and debt.

Back to top
Powered by Open Objects © Open Objects Software Limited