Financial advice on funding your long-term care
We all need a little unbiased, expert advice from time to time, and there’s no more important time than when you’re working out how to pay for long-term care – for yourself or a loved one.
Find out what an independent care-fees adviser can do for you, how they are paid and how to go about choosing one that’s right for you.
Money information and advice for older people
Independent Age provides information and advice for older people, their families and carers, on issues which include benefits and entitlements and paying for care. You can call them on 0845 262 1863
The Money Advice Service provides free, impartial and independent financial information and advice. They can help with topics such as:
- budgeting and saving (including doing a quick Financial Healthcheck)
- credit and borrowing
- pensions and retirement planning
- benefit reviews to see what you are entitled to
- care and disability (including choosing the right care services, support for carers, paying for the cost of care, and getting independent financial advice)
- Contact the Pensions Advisory Service for pensions advice. Visit their website Pensions Advisory Service or call them on 0300 123 1047.
- Visit the Paying for Care website for information to help you make informed choices about arranging and funding long-term care.
- Independent Age provides information and advice for older people, their families and carers, on issues which include benefits and entitlements and paying for care. You can call them on 0845 262 1863.
- Sheffield Council Housing tenants can get help with money and debt problems from the Money Advice Team. Call them on 0114 293 0000