- Debt and borrowing - Taking control of debt, getting free debt advice, and how to borrow affordably.
- Debt test – help with debt - Learn how to get your debts under control. Take the Money Advice Service’s test to work out and determine your level of debt and see how you can get back on track with your finances.
- Sheffield Citizens Advice – provides debt advice and advice on income maximisation.
- Affordable saving and loans - Sheffield Credit Union (a non profit savings and loans co-operative) offers a safe way to save, and a great value way to borrow, offers simple financial services and affordable loans including those on low incomes or benefits. You call them on 0114 2760787.
Sheffield Council Housing tenants can get help with money and debt problems from the Money Advice team. Call them on 0114 293 0000.
The Money Advice Service provides free, impartial and independent financial information and advice. They can help with topics such as:
- budgeting and saving (including doing a quick Financial Healthcheck)
- credit and borrowing
- pensions and retirement planning
- benefit reviews to see what you are entitled to
- care and disability (including choosing the right care services, support for carers, paying for the cost of care, and getting independent financial advice)