Pregnant employees have 4 main legal rights:
- paid time off for antenatal care
- maternity leave
- maternity pay or maternity allowance
- protection against unfair treatment, discrimination or dismissal
The following document sets out what pregnant women must do to take advantage of protections there to help them. It includes guidance on:
- maternity leave and pay
- the right not to be treated unfairly because of their pregnancy, child birth or maternity leave
It also includes new guidance on extra paternity leave.
Document: Guidance on maternity and paternity rights for parents of babies born on or after 3 April 2011.
- if you can get maternity, paternity or shared parental leave
- how much pay you can get if you take leave