Sheffield Directory has lots of information and advice about care and support services to help you, and anyone you care for, stay independent, safe and well. The directory is here to help you because we know the majority of people want to stay active and independent.
You may feel that you need a bit of help to do this because you:
- are getting older
- have mental health issues
- are recovering from an illness or operation
- have a long-term health condition
- have physical or sensory impairments
- have a learning disability
- care for a relative or friend.
There are many excellent services in Sheffield available to help you.
In the directory you’ll find:
- A wide range of services to help you remain independent, in our help at home section. You’ll find details of home care, handyperson and gardening services, meal deliveries, personal alarms and alerts, lunch clubs and befriending services
- Equipment and living aids to buy using our online product showroom
- A host of activities to take part in in our things to do section including, keep fit and chairobics, art classes, swimming, drama, singing, social and friendship clubs
- Health and wellbeing activities and services including stopping smoking, healthy eating, health programmes, health walks, ageing well activities, plus services and groups for people with disabilities
- Help to get around in our transport and mobility section
- Support for carers including short breaks, in our carers section
- Information and support to help you stay safe
- Different housing options in our housing and care homes section. You’ll find options such as sheltered housing, extra care housing and housing association homes for rent.
There are lots of organisations ready and happy to talk with you about keeping independent, safe and well, including:
For adults 65+ years - Age UK Sheffield
For learning disabilities - Sheffield Mencap & Gateway
For mental health - Sheffield MIND
Or you can also talk to your local Community Support Worker who is ready to help you find the support you need.
Or you can ask your GP to see your local Community Support Worker
From the 1st March 2016 you can call (0114) 2057120 between 8.45am-5.15pm (Mon - Fri).
All home care agencies and care homes in the directory show their CQC rating and you can read their CQC report.
You can also rate and review any of the organisations on the directory and read what other people have to say about them.
Any organisation that is on the Council’s Recognised Provider List (RPL) will display the RPL logo on their listing in the Sheffield Directory. The Recognised Provider List shows that the provider:
• Has met council standards
• Will be checked on a regular basis
• Will aim to give you a quality service
Visit our health and wellbeing section where you will find a host of wellbeing activities and services.
Sheffield Community Health Trainers offer one-to-one support to help you lead a healthier lifestyle and also provide long-term condition support. As well as giving advice and details of local services, the Trainers offer support such as accompanying you to your first appointment with other organisations.
The service is available in 16 areas across the city and it is free and confidential. To find out more contact:
Tel: (0114) 293 0682
You will find that many of the clubs, groups and services in this directory are free of charge. However, you may be asked to contribute to the cost of some services
If you think you need help from the council find out about how to get care and support.
If you have a Direct Payment from the council, you’ll find advice on how to manage your payment on the council website. The directory has lots of services that can help you plan and organise your care and support. These services include: