Children’s centres and their outreach sites cover all areas of the city and provide advice, support activities and services for families with children under-5 as well as maternity care and support for expectant parents.
Come along to your local Children’s Centre to meet other families, get support and join in with free activities. What’s on in each Children’s Centre varies according to the needs of the local community but typically you can come to:
- Preparation for parenthood groups
- Health support and clinics run by Midwives and Health Visitors
- Toddler groups
- Fun learning activities with your family
And get help and support with:
- Getting into training and work
- Information and advice about feeding your baby, healthy eating for your family, active lifestyles, 2 year old dental care, home safety etc.
- Free and low cost healthy start vitamins
- Registering your child’s birth (by appointment)
Watch our video to find out more about Children's Centre services.
Visit the link to each children’s centre for contact details and more details of activities in each children’s centre area
Find out more about Free Early Learning and Childcare
Consultation - have your say on changing services for families in Sheffield!
We are consulting on proposals to develop children's centres into family centres. This is to provide services for families with children from pre-birth to 19 years old, or to 25 if the young person has a disability.
The consultation will be open from 1 November 2016 until 31 January 2017.
If you want help completing the survey please call us on 0114 2813758 or email email@example.com
Children’s Centres What’s On Guides January – March 2017
You can download a copy of the What’s on Guide for your local children’s centre from the side bar.