We all have a responsibility to look out for children and young people, as a parent or family member, a friend or neighbour, an employer, or a paid or voluntary worker.
All of us can help to safeguard children and young people if we are aware of their needs and take action if we have concerns.
Find out more from Sheffield Safeguarding Children Board, there is specific information for you if you are:
- a child or young person – find out how to keep you and your friends safe, Know your rights, how to stay safe on a night out or in a taxi, what to do if you need help
- a parent or carer – information about keeping your child safe
- a member of the public – what to do if you are concerned about a child
If you are concerned that a child or young person is being abused or neglected, please contact us and let us know. You do not have to give your name if you do not want to.
Please have the postcode where the child or young person normally lives to hand so you can speak to the correct area team.
If you cannot provide this information you should still call and any team will respond to your enquiry in the first instance.
Children and Families Services: Prevention and Assessment Teams
Social care: 0114 2734491
- Multi-agency support: 0114 2506865
- Social care: 0114 2037463
- Multi-agency support: 0114 2053635
- Social care: 0114 2039591
- Multi-agency support: 0114 2331189
Social care out of hours, call 0114 2734855 between 5:15pm and 8:45am