Skip to main content
Search Results (24)

Advice & Information

 Directory results

About the Local Offer

The Local Offer is a way of giving children and young people with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND) and their parents or carers information about what activities and support are available in the area where they live.The Council for Disabled Children (CDC) have produced…

About the Sheffield Directory

Sheffield City Council has an obligation to publish details of services across Sheffield. This includes "Local Offer"services for children with special educational needs and disabilities, Children and Familiy services and Adult Social Care services. The Directory gives you Sheffield's care, health and education services, events and activities in…

Additional Information for Transition into Adulthood

The following sections link to sources of advice about preparing a young person with Special Education Needs or Disabilities for adulthood.

Advice and Information (Local Offer)

Sheffield SEN & Disability Information Advice and Support (SSENDIAS) You and your family can get information, advice or support from SSENDIAS - Sheffield SEN & Disability Information Advice and Support (formerly Parent Partnership Service). SSENDIAS provides impartial, confidential information, advice and support on issues relating…

Changes to local services

Information about changes to local services can be found below.

Childcare funding for children with SEND

Free early learning For two-year-olds: Two-year-olds qualify for 570 hours of free childcare per year if they receive Disability Living Allowance (DLA) or have an Education Health and Care (EHC) plan. Some two-year-olds may also qualify if your family claims certain state benefits, for example Income…

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Please use the buttons on the left to access information about coronavirus that is relevant to children and young people with SEND in Sheffield.

Courses for parents and carers

Here are some examples of where you and your family can get some training to better understand and support a child with additional needs. This list is just a start. It includes some common areas of concern for families. Please note: The information on this…

Direct payments for childcare

The Special Needs Inclusion Playcare Service (SNIPS) can provide you the option of receiving a direct payment if you would prefer to employ a Personal Assistant (PA) to meet your childcare needs. However, please note that there is no legal requirement for SNIPS to provide…

Direct payments for social care needs

A direct payment is money that is given to you and your family by a public body (like the local authority) as an alternative to a service. You can then use this money to buy support for your child – for example, by employing a…
Back to top Contact US
Powered by Open Objects © Open Objects Software Limited