I work with my mother, Patricia Dewdney who has been childminding for over 20 years. I am qualified to NVQ level 3 and have worked with children for 16 years - as a playgroup helper, in nurseries and as a childminder. I have also been involved in children's and youth work in my church in the past. We are both first aid trained and regularly attend childcare courses to enhance our knowledge. We feel it is important for children to mix with other children during the week and attend various toddler groups. This is to help the children to learn social skills from an early age. We have an inclusive practice policy and treat all children as individuals and equally regardless of race, culture, gender or abilities. We aim to give children the best possible start and along with 2 cats and a small dog we offer a friendly caring home environment for the children we care for. We provide a variety of enjoyable activities to enhance their learning, working under the Early Years Foundation Stage framework and are fully knowledgeable of how to include this in everyday activities. We feel it is important for children to have the opportunity to play outside everyday and enjoy the fresh air, so we take walks and trips to the park regularly. We have both received "Good" for our last Ofsted inspections.
Laura Dewdney, Childminder
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Laura Dewdney
- Contact Position
- 07817 960658
Where to go
We are able to offer funded places for children aged 2-4yrs, including the 30hrs FEL when this comes into effect from September 2017.
When is it on?
- Time / Date Details
- Open Monday to Thursday from 7.30am-6.00pm
- Time of day
- Wheelchair Access
- Cater for special dietary requirements
- Dietary needs catered for
- Additional dietary information
- Special dietary requirements can be catered for where possible.
- Supports special needs and disabilities
- Special needs and disabilities experience
Speech, Language & Communication needs
No diagnosis yet
Social, emotional and mental health needs
Medical Needs or long term illness
Autistic Spectrum Disorder
Profound & Multiple Learning Difficulty
Severe Learning Difficulty
Moderate Learning Difficulty
- Additional special needs information
- Willing to undertake additional training.
- Able to accommodate other cultures/ethnicities
- Additional culture/ethnicity information
- Different cultural festivals are celebrated by doing crafts to help develop knowledge of these with puzzles, books, dolls & toys that promote cultural diversity & we try different world foods.
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £4.00 Per hour £5.00 (before and after nursery clouding drop off and collection) Per hour
- Snacks, drinks, breakfast & lunch are provided & included in the cost. Employer Supported Childcare Vouchers accepted.
- Age Range
- 0 years 2 months to 5 years 0 months
- IndoorOutdoor Play
- Musical Instruments
- Changing facilities
- Quiet Area
- Days out/visits
- Outdoor play/equipment
- Visual aids
- Place Ranges
- Immediate vacancies
- Vacancy Ranges
0 - 5 Years: 2 places
- 2 x 0-5 years Monday - Thursday
- Date updated
Funded Early Learning
- Registered to provide Funded Early Learning Places?
- For 2 year olds (up to 15 hours a week)
- For 3&4 year olds (up to 15 hours a week)
Opening Times & Facilities
- Opening Times
Opening Times Day Opening Time Closing Time Monday 7.30am 6.00pm Tuesday 7.30am 6.00pm Wednesday 7.30am 6.00pm Thursday 7.30am 5.00pm
- Offers pickups
Southey Green Community Primary School
St Patrick's RC Primary School
- We do drop off and pick up to local nurseries.
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 12/09/2011 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good 10/09/2014 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good 01/02/2018 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good
- Last Updated
- childminder, childcare, day care, children