Thera North has 16 years experience of providing specialised support for people with learning disabilities, so they can lead the lives they choose:
• at home, either living on their own, living with their family or with co-tenants in shared accommodation
• 24/7 support in people’s own homes.
• flexible peripatetic support for a few hours a day delivered in people’s homes to meet specific support needs
• in the community, at work or training, or engaged in a range of recreational activities
• in their family home to enable carers to take a break or whilst on holiday
Although many of the people we support have minimal support needs, many also have complex additional support needs as well as having a learning disability. This includes people with:
• autistic spectrum disorders
• Asperger’s Syndrome
• complex behaviours
• associated mental health needs
• related physical disability and/or sensory impairment
• complex health needs including epilepsy and diabetes etc.
• a forensic history, including hyper-sexualised behaviour, paedophilia and fire starting
• a need for support around risk taking
Thera North carries out a detailed assessment of how best to support people including: speech boxes, picture boards, widgets, makaton, british sign language, lip reading, focussed observation and intensive interaction, star charts, home books, pictures, symbols, talking mats, big mac switches, environmental cues and objects of reference.
Thera North is part of Thera Group, which has established a number of independent companies which offer a range of additional services to enhance the quality of people’s lives:
• Dosh Ltd (Financial Advocacy): is an independent company that helps people with a learning disability to manage their own money, including their direct payments and it is available to all people, not just people supported by Thera companies.
• The Quality Company: Thera Group employs people with a learning disability to check the quality of support that the people we support receive, as well as for other care companies.
• Uemploy: This is a national recruitment agency, which specialises in the recruitment of Personal Assistants for people with a learning disability. A registered charity.
Prices: please contact for details.
Qualifications and Quality Standards:
Thera North is registered with and inspected by the Care Quality Commission (CQC). The company has also signed up to the Driving Up Quality Code. Thera North has additional independent quality checks in place provided by the Quality Company. All staff are DBS checked (enhanced) and have or are working towards Level 2 in Health and Social Care.