Mainly a specialist service but timely intervention can sometimes prevent issues becoming more complex.
- The Service consists of a team of Educational Psychologists and an admin team.
- There are 19 psychologists, some working part time and others full time. This is the equivalent of 14 full time posts for the whole of the city.
- The Service is managed by two Principal Educational Psychologists, supported by two Senior Educational Psychologists.
- The service has two specialist senior Educational Psychologists; one for Autism/Social Communication Needs and one for Social Emotional and Mental Health Needs
- All Educational Psychologists are qualified practitioners, and registered with the HCPC (Health & Care Professions Council)
- Most practising psychologists are also members of the Association of Educational Psychologists, and/or the British Psychological Service