Educational Psychologists work mainly with schools and places where children are educated. We help to find solutions to worries and concerns people might have about how children are developing, progressing or learning. We often work with children who are the most vulnerable and have the greatest complexity of needs.
Mainly a specialist service but timely intervention can sometimes prevent issues becoming more complex.
- The Service consists of a team of Educational Psychologists and an admin team.
- There are 19 psychologists, some working part time and others full time. This is the equivalent of 14 full time posts for the whole of the city.
- The Service is managed by two Principal Educational Psychologists, supported by three Senior Educational Psychologists.
- The service has a specialist senior Educational Psychologists for Social Emotional and Mental Health Needs
- All Educational Psychologists are qualified practitioners, and registered with the HCPC (Health & Care Professions Council)
- Most practicing psychologists are also members of the Association of Educational Psychologists, and/or the British Psychological Service