12th Fret Tuition offers professional Guitar Tuition workshops for guitarists of all levels. The groups are in a class of no more than seven and it's a great fun and cheap way to learn guitar. We base our ethos on interaction with other musicians. You will learn to learn an abundance of new songs and techniques as well as learning alongside other like-minded players.
The beginner's guitar course consists of a one-hour lesson in a group with no more than seven other pupils, which runs over a period of ten weeks. At the end of the course, you will know how to play and use the following:
- All major and minor primary chords; barre chords; the major, minor, pentatonic and blues scales
- Chord progressions, rhythm patterns, reading chord charts
- You will learn a classic riff/song every lesson
- All pupils will receive a unique 12th Fret criteria booklet with all the information that you will be learning over the course
- You will also receive a CD with the backing tracks for all the songs that you learn so you can play along to it
- Strumming, picking with fingers, string bending, hammer-ons, and pull-offs
- Understanding simple note values; improvising solos over a chord progression; chord building; songwriting
- Learn how to read chord diagrams, chord charts, and tabs
- Each week you will be able to play a song which will feature the techniques and theory covered in the lesson
Learn as part of a group, with no pressure, in an inspiring music venue...ideal for all.