MAST is part of Sheffield City Council's Children and Families Services. We offer advice and support to families with a wide variety of support needs. Our leaflet for families is available to download from the "downloads" box on the left.
What MAST can help with...
Every family has difficult times and sometimes will need support. We work with families around lots of different issues including;
- Family relationships and communication
- Child or adult emotional and mental health issues
- Accessing learning, employment and training
- Domestic abuse and healthy relationships
- Positive parenting strategies to support challenging behaviour
- Children missing school
- Providing a safe home environment for children
We work with families to recognise and build on their strengths, and find solutions that work for the family to meet their needs with support from relevant professionals and the family's chosen safe network.
The support we provide depends upon the issues that the family need support with at that time. Our support could include;
- organising a meeting with you, your support network and other people working with your family (e.g. school, health)
- providing advice and guidance to you and your family by telephone, home visit or meeting at school
- allocating your family a Prevention Worker to do a specific piece of support work with your family
- allocating your family an Intervention Worker to provide more in-depth support to your family including working with you to develop an action plan and holding regular meetings with your family and significant others that support your family.