This Springboard is aimed at women in the local community who may have low mood, self-esteem issues and is looking for a social outlet and a sense of structure. Low level mental health support is also available through a Sheffield Mind worker - please note, this is not counselling.
The Springboard is organised by Sheffield Mind and is run in partnership with local community organisations at four locations across the city. You can come along and have a chat about your situation and find out what is available to help you on your recovery journey.
The Springboard offers:
- a warm friendly atmosphere with refreshments provided
- trained volunteers available to offer support and advice
- information about other services
- encouragement and support to try new things
- the opportunity to try activities within the Springboard and the Time Builders programme
- an opportunity to make friends
- encouragement and support to take ownership of your situation
The six venues are:
- Broomhall Centre, Broomspring Lane S10 2FD (Wednesdays 12:30-15:00)
- The Learning Zone, 320 Wordsworth Avenue S5 9NL (alternate Fridays)
- Manor Library, Ridgeway Road S12 2SS (alternate Mondays)
- Firvale Community Hub (once a month on Thursdays, NB this one is women only)
- Aspiring Communities Together, 127 Page Hall Rd, Sheffield S4 8GU (once a month on Tuesdays, NB this one is women only)
- Chapel Green 82nd Chapeltown Scout Hall, Burncross Road, Sheffield, S35 1RX
See website for the next dates.