Sheffield City Council have a number of sites throughout the city where fishing is available.
Sites where fishing is free (anglers still need a current Environment Agency rod licence):
- Arbourthorne Pond: Eastern Avenue, Arbourthorne, S2
- Crookes Valley Dam: Crookes Valley Road, Crookesmoor, S10
- Frecheville Pond: Hopedale Road, Frecheville, S12
- Graves Park (middle pond only): Hemsworth Road, Norton Woodseats, S8
- Hillsborough Park: Parkside Road, Hillsborough, S6
- Rivelin Valley: Rivelin Valley Road, Rivelin, S6
If you would like to fish these waters, purchase day tickets from:
Eddie Lewis, Howbrook Angling Club
Telephone: 01226 748692
Westwood New Road
Westwood Reservoir and Nancy Pond
Steve Hinson, Chapeltown and District Angling Club
Telephone: 0114 284 5424
Wire Mill Dam
Whiteley Wood Road
Fishing is not permitted at any other ponds and lakes managed by Sheffield City Council, including the Local Nature Reserve in Shire Brook Valley.
To find out how to buy a fishing rod licence visit www.gov.uk/fishing-licences.