We offer care and support to people living in their own homes to enable continued feelings of well being, autonomy and value.
Home Alternative offers care to all adults who require support and specialises in dementia care (including adults with dementia and early onset dementia). Provides a 24 hour home care service enabling people to stay in their own home, tailoring care to clients individual needs. Home Alternative always tries to match staff to service users by considering personalities, listening to the client, hobbies etc and always carry out a follow up service. The needs and preferences of minority ethnic groups, social / cultural or religious groups are catered for and will be met in full.
• personal care, including dressing, washing, mobility and moving around your home
• cooking and meal preparation
• medication support
• laundry and cleaning
• money management
• budgeting (eg pension collection)
• escorting (getting out and about, transporting to hospital appointments etc)
• Support with social activities and outings
• providing non-residential respite care to give carers a break
• a sitting service
• can provide advice and information to people considering having care at home or unclear of where to go
• 1 hour call (Mon-Fri) £15.40 per member of staff
• 1 hour call (Sat-Sun) £16.66 per member of staff
• Bank Holiday 1 hour call £23.10 per member of staff
• Christmas/New Year's Day 1 hour call £30.80 per member of staff
• 1/2 hour call (Mon-Fri) £9.78 per member of staff
• 1/2 hour call (Sat-Sun) £10.82per member of staff
• Bank Holiday 1 hour call £14.67 per member of staff
• Christmas/New Year's Day 1/2 hour call £19.56 per member of staff
• Support with activities, outings and appointments is charged at £15.40 per hour, per member of staff (Mon-Fri) plus 40p per mile
• Sitting service, 1 hour (Mon-Fri) £15.40 per hour
• Sitting service, 1 hour (Sat/Sun) £16.66 per hour
• Sitting service, 1 hour (Bank Hols) £23.10 per hour
• Sitting service 1 hour (Christmas/New Year) £30.80 per hour
• Overnight sitting service (Sun-Thurs) 9 hours £142.82
• Overnight sitting service (Fri-Sat) 9 hours £152.82
• Sleep-in service (Sun-Thurs) 9 hours £110.62
• Sleep-in service (Fri-Sat) 9 hours £120.62
These prices have been provided by Home Alternative, please check yourself for accuracy).
Home Alternative covers the S2, S7, S8, S10, S11 & S17 areas of Sheffield.
Qualifications & Quality Standards:
Home Alternative has been running for over 25 years. All staff are DBS checked (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB check), attend in-house training and are NVQ Diploma in Health and Social Care qualified or are working towards this qualification. This company is registered and inspected by the Care Quality Commission (CQC), to ensure a quality service is provided. Company limited by guarantee no SC146276.