We provide home care services (also known as domiciliary care). We help care for people who, because they are getting older or have a disability or illness, find it difficult to cope with domestic responsibilities and their own personal care needs. We provide personal care, social care and practical care in people’s homes and help them to remain as independent as possible. We offer a unique personalised service of tailored care visits from a 15-minute check call, to a full 24-hour live-in care support package. We can provide short or long term home care and support.
- Assist with administering medications. Ordering and collecting prescriptions from pharmacies and GP surgeries
- Assist with moving and handling to get up in a morning; washing, continence care, showering or bathing, hair care, dental care and dressing
- Preparing and serving meals, assisting during mealtimes and washing, drying and putting away dishes
- Collecting pensions for or with customers
- Shop for or with customers. Provide assistance to make a shopping list or order shopping on-line. Put shopping away
- Help with laundry and ironing, keeping homes clean and tidy
- Support with social activities such as going out for a walk, attending a day centre, visiting friends or family, going to a place of worship or club
- Occasional visits to organise bathing, clean clothes or change bedding
- An evening visit to offer support with getting ready for bed
- Overnight ‘sleeping’ or “waking” support, respite care or a 24 hour live in service
- Re-ablement support, after being discharged from hospital
- Provide assistance with caring for pets
The Caring Choice Ltd is registered and inspected by the Care Quality Commission (CQC) to ensure we provide a quality service. We are also members of UKHCA. All staff are DBS checked. Our Home Support Workers have a variety of qualifications in Health and Social Care or will be working towards gaining the QCF level 2 or 3 in Health and Social Care. All Home Support Workers are trained in Moving & Handling, First Aid, Fire Safety, Food Hygiene, Medication Awareness, Infection Control, Safeguarding, Person Centred Care, Confidentiality, Dementia Awareness and Pressure Area Care.