Sheffield Carers Centre offers support and information to all unpaid adult carers who provide unpaid care for a family member or friend due to an illness, disability, mental health issue, frailty or substance misuse.
ADVICE & INFORMATION
- Carers Advice Line - Phone up to get specialist advice and information - 0114 272 8362
- Drop-in Sessions - You can drop in to the centre on Wednesday mornings to chat to an adviser
- Specialist Advice - find out about employment rights, benefits and wills, power of attorney, trusts, and community care for free
- Information Library - Information about caring and your role, available on our website
COMMUNITY & SUPPORT
- Carer’s Needs Assessments - looks at how your caring role impacts your life, and what support you might need*
- Personalised support based on your needs including: Time for a Break* / One-to-one counselling / Support Packages*
- Carer Card - discounts and offers on products and activities from local and national businesses, just for carers.
- Plan for emergencies or make a contingency for when you are unable to care.
- Social Media - keep updated with us by following ‘Sheffield Carers Centre’ on Facebook and Twitter. You can join the discussion online with our private Facebook groups by be-friending the user ‘Julia Carers’ and ask to join.
- Carers Cafés - meet other carers for peer support over tea and cake, second Friday of the Month (10-12, in central United Reformed Church, Norfolk Street except August).
- Newsletter - every 4 months we send out our newsletter full of useful news and information.
- Carers Groups - meetings in your community with other carers. Listed online and in newsletter or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
*available to carers of adults over 18.