Children of Spanish speaking heritage are invited to attend our Spanish language community school which supports children to develop and deepen their Spanish language skills.
Babies and toddlers as are invited to our play group where we share stories, songs and games in Spanish. Older students will benefit from affordable Spanish lessons covering speaking, listening, reading and writing delivered by native Spanish speakers. All member families benefit from meeting other fellow Spanish speaking families and students. Se Habla Español en Sheffield offers the following:
● Affordable, from as little as £2 per week
● Native Spanish speaking teachers
● Two hours of immersion in the Spanish language with native families
● Attend as required (no commitment to sign up to attend every Saturday).
Se Habla Español en Sheffield is open to children of Spanish speaking heritage. This activity is only suitable for children of Spanish speaking heritage – this means ANY of the following:
- the child lives in a home where Spanish is spoken by at least one parent/carer
- the child was born or lived in a Spanish speaking country
- the child has at least one grandparent from a Spanish speaking country and the child communicates to the grandparent in Spanish.
Se Habla Español in Sheffield celebrates the Hispanic heritage of all the Spanish speaking countries and develops the child’s Spanish language skills in speaking, listening, writing and reading through play, social activities and classroom-based learning. Older children can be supported to take their GCSE in Spanish exam even if they are not studying Spanish at their mainstream school