We are a local, not-for-profit, health organisation working to help the people of Darnall, Tinsley and neighbouring areas stay well. We deliver a combination of group activities, 1 to 1 support for healthy lifestyles and long term conditions management, peer mentoring and volunteering, as well as delivering health campaigns, training and talks.
We are the lead organisation for the Healthier Darnall and Tinsley People Keeping Well Partnership, building on our 15-year history of connecting with and engaging the community and working in partnership to address health inequalities. Our team includes multi-lingual speakers; Health Trainers, Health Development Workers as well as local volunteer Health Champions and our Social Prescribers.
Our services help to remove barriers, are culturally sensitive where appropriate, build trust, listen and respond to local need, and are underpinned by our volunteers. Our approach is collaborative, consistent and client-led and through increasing access to services, we help mitigate risks such as loneliness and isolation. All of our activities are accessible to all - please make us aware of any support requirements you have when you get in touch. We encourage people with carers to bring them along.
Please contact us to make a referral for health and wellbeing activities including:
- One to One Support from a Health Trainer on healthy eating and being active
- Group activities such as health walks, chairobics, conversation clubs and peer support group for diabetes
- Volunteering opportunities
- Signposting to other activities, services, courses locally or in the city
- Social Prescribing for wellbeing
We are proud to be a Dementia Friendly organisation, and a number of our staff and volunteers have completed the Dementia Friends training. Whilst people with dementia are welcome at any of our groups, we run some activities specifically for people living with dementia, and their carers. Please contact us on the office number below, or contact Jo on 07495 548929 if you'd like to come along to any of these:
- On Our Plot - come and get involved with lots of different tasks on the allotment at Darnall Community Allotment, Infield Lane, S9. We run sessions here every Wednesday at 12-4pm. Please note that this is a seasonal activity that we run during the warmer months only.
- Delicious Memories - help us collect recipes from the BAME community, as part of a Sheffield-wide project.
Contact us on 0114 249 6315 or email@example.com
Our PKW Partners in Darnall and Tinsley:
- Darnall Dementia Group
- Darnall Forum
- Sheffield Carers Centre
- South Yorkshire Energy Centre
- Tinsley Forum
Find out more about keeping well in your local community in other areas.