Dimensions is a specialist provider of services for people with a learning disabilities and people with Autism. They are a national, not-for-profit organisation, supporting people & their families throughout England & Wales.
Dimensions are a Sheffield City Council registered and Recognised Provider (see RP List) and have been established in Sheffield for over 20 years. All Dimensions staff are fully trained in all areas relating to supporting people with a learning disability or autism, they also have a highly qualified team of behaviour support experts. Dimensions aim is to help individuals achieve their goals, to be part of a community, to learn new skills, to get a job or to move into their own homes.
Dimensions can offer a wide range of services to young people and adults of all ages, including those with complex needs or challenging behaviour. They use a variety of person-centred tools to match support staff with each person and their family.
• Support for people living in their own homes or in shared housing (personal care, cleaning, cooking and independent living skills)
• Medication support
• Sitting service
• Tenancy support to help people to find and maintain suitable accommodation
• A team of support advisors to help individuals and their families with a Personal Budget
• Transition support for young people leaving school or college
• Outreach support
• Residential care for people with complex needs (see separate entries)
• Assistive technology support - advice and guidance on technology to make life easier for people
• Opportunities for learning, employment support and participation in social activities and getting out and about in the community.
Employment support can include help with:
Preparing for Work
• Information, advice & guidance
• Help with practical issues eg travel, childcare and housing support
• Help being part of your community
• Life skills
Finding and Applying for Jobs
• Support to apply for jobs
Dimensions often work in partnership with other organisations to ensure the best possible combination of services. A growing number of the people Dimensions supports have Personal Budgets.
Dimensions charges are from £12.74 - £15.50 per hour (these prices have been supplied by Dimensions UK Ltd, please check them yourself for accuracy).
Dimensions also provide a behaviour consultancy service, their behaviour analysts are specialists in behaviour support and autism spectrum conditions- please contact Dimensions for more information about this service.
Dimensions UK covers all ares of Sheffield S1, S2, S3, S4, S5, S6, S7, S8, S9, S10, S11, S12, S13, S14, S17, S20, S35, S36 .
Dimensions has residential services located in S5, S6, S8, S12, S13, S20, S35.
Qualifications & Quality Standards:
All staff are DBS (formally CRB) checked and are NVQ 2 or 3 qualified or working towards level 2, 3 or 5 in diplomas in Health & Social Care. Dimensions is registered with the Care Quality Commission (CQC), to ensure we provide a quality service. Dimensions has achieved the SCC Recognised Provider status for their homecare service.