Mums in Need was founded to support mums who have left mentally abusive relationships. Mums in Need can help by providing practical guidance and emotional support.
Mums in Need can help you in the following ways:
• overcome your fears and find a way through intimidation and emotional/psychological abuse which you are expereriencing
• feel more in control of your situation
• gain an understanding of exactly what you can do to help yourself and your children
Advice and support includes:
- Group Peer Support
- Fortnightly coffee mornings
- Referalls to law firms including McKenzie friends
- Infomation & Guidance on Financial matters
- meditatation & Yoga sessions
There is a one off £5 Registration fee which is asked post initial assessment. There aren't any charges for these services but we do ask for £3 donation to cover basic travel and admin expenses for those providing the services.
The main core support services team advice and support are provided by qualified professioanls including x 2 mental health nurses an ex police officer & IDVA and two of thesm are also ex surviros of Domestic Abuse. Each of us are also DBS checked (Disclosure and Barring Service, formerly CRB). The Directotr of the organisation is currently running the support team and is an RMN who of 12 years and has a lot of experience of dealing with a wide range of people's needs.
She has also been throguh the family courts herself and understands how difficult it is to navigate yourself through this process and also how stressful it can be and can offer sound and sensible advice during this difficult time.
The Support is carried out at our centre following our initial assesssment of which we ask a £5 registration fee for this. Our address is located on the facebook page. Please contact for details or see website.