Looking to do more things for yourself, explore your skills or move into your own place?
KeyRing can help you.
We are a popular alternative to residential care, group living or floating support. We offer a service that adapts to the needs of each Member (service user).
We have services across the country that provide support to many different types of people including:
- Older people
- Young people transitioning into adult services
- People who have a learning disability, mental health issues, physical and sensory disabilities, Autistic Spectrum Disorders, substance misuse problems or any combination of these.
Our network model combines mutual support between Members, independence and choice, flexible support and community integration.
We can support you to continue living in your current home and either link you in with an established network of KeyRing Members, or build a network, around you.
If you wish to move home, we can help you to move into an area where there is an established network of KeyRing Members.
KeyRing staff would be based nearby and available to help according to your need.
KeyRing in Sheffield
We have been working in Sheffield for the past 6 years and already have networks based around Low Edges and the Netherthorpe and Upperthorpe areas of the city.
Support is provided by a team of support workers and volunteers, and a Supported Living Manager oversees the team. The team provides support in a flexible way to meet your needs.
You will be able to access the support you need to live independently. For example:
- Housing and tenancy-related support tasks
- Managing money/maximising benefits
- Support into education or employment
- Building mutual support networks with other Members
- Support with social activities
- Support with Direct Payments
- Creating an Individual Support Plan
- Support to find accommodation
- Support with shopping, cooking & other household tasks
- The opportunity to access group sessions from the local hubs
- Signposting to other services
The support provided by KeyRing can be one to one or as part of group sessions run at a community hub.
KeyRing is person centred
KeyRing support workers are trained in supporting people with many different needs and we have 25 years experience in delivering a person centred package of support. We would support you to be more independent in the areas you want by putting together an Individual Support Plan (ISP) with you. This would identify your needs and interests.
Your KeyRing support worker will work together with you and focus on your existing skills and talents, to help you achieve the goals in your plan. This will be done at a speed and level that is suited to you, whilst building, maintaining and maximising your independence.
KeyRing is flexible
KeyRing staff are able to work with you at times and levels that suit you. Please let us know what would work best for you. We offer a flexible service and are always willing to try something new. If it’s not working for you, we will review our approach, and try a different way.
If structure or routine is important to you we can build this in to your support plan and visits so you know what to expect and when.
If flexibility is what you need you can arrange your support at a time convenient to you, whenever that may be.
Company limited by guarantee no3176431.