Maan is a registered charity that helps the Somali population in Sheffield to access mental health services provided by the voluntary and statutory sectors. Caters for people with mental health issues, carers and older people. Maan have Sheffield City Council's Recognised Provider List status for all their services except for their money management and support planning services.
Trained staff provide basic counselling and floating support for assistance with everyday life including:
• mental health support
• help attending appointments
• faith and spiritual needs
• help with benefits and correspondence
• befriending and emotional support
• tenancy and utility issues
• lifestyle support, Khat/substance harm reduction
• provides support for people in hospital and in social care
• housing advice
• escorting and accompanying to social activities, employment/voluntary placements and learning opportunities.
Maan runs occasional employability training for the wider Somali Community and offers employment support as part of therapeutic work with client.
Preparing for Work
• Help to build self-confidence & self-esteem
• Help with practical issues eg travel, childcare and housing support
• Help being part of your community
• Help with communication
• Life skills
Work Experience and Volunteering Opportunities
• Volunteering Opportunities
Finding and Applying for Jobs
• Job search & job search methods
• CV/Application form support
• Support to apply for jobs
• Support at interview
Support Workers cost £30 per hour or £75 for a weekly support package including up to 2 hours of support, and telephone support as required.
MAAN can provide advice and information on Direct Payments of Self Directed Support (SDS) as well as support with managing a SDS budget. Maan can help to recruit a Personal Assistant and employ a Personal Assistant.
Maan also has a Support Planning service to individuals and can provide support to statutory sector workers in completing SDS assessments. Support can be given from communication and interpreting to help understanding clients and their carer's needs in a culturally sensitive manner. Maan can write a Support Plan to meet an individuals needs or can give assistance and information to allow clients to write their own plan. Maan's Support Planners have completed Sheffield City Council's accredited Support Planning training.
Price for Support Planning is £250 for a full Support Plan. These prices are supplied by MAAN, please check them yourself for accuracy.
Qualifications and Quality Standards:
Maan has Sheffield City Council's Supporting People's Quality Assurance Framework and is on the Recognised Providers list. Holds Public Liability and Employer's Liability Insurance.
Self or any referral.
Company limited by guarantee no 6639255.