Jordanthorpe Library is a volunteer-run community library which is run independently by a local registered charity. As well as having a wide selection of books including talking books, we have a range of other activities and services on offer (see below).
The Library offers 6 PCs in the adult library and 4 PCs in the children's library, all with Microsoft Office, internet access and printer available for public use which is free for library members. Other facilities include:
- A3 and A4 printer, scanner and photocopier,
- Talking books and DVDs for hire,
- Local magazines and information,
- Tea, coffee and homemade cakes,
- Laminating service,
- Hearing aid batteries,
(Charges apply for some of these services).
We also host other activities, some that we run and some run in partnership with other local organisations:
- Employment Support Worker (Reach South Sheffield) - Monday and Wednesday mornings
- StoryTime for pre-school children - Wednesday mornings
- Reading Group (2nd Wednesday of each month)
- School and nursery visits - by arrangement
- Craft Group (Wednesdays and Fridays from 1:30pm)
The Library space is available for hire outside of library opening hours (please contact us for details).