Themed activities through the week. Trips out. Children should bring their own packed lunch. The holiday scheme is based in Grenoside Community Centre. Appletree is a registered charity.
Appletree Holiday Scheme (Grenoside)
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Gayle Crossley
- Contact Position
0114 257 1427
0114 257 1427
Where to go
- Grenoside Community Centre
Grenoside Community Centre
- S35 8PR
Contact Traveline 01709 515151 or www.travelsouthyorkshire.com
- Wheelchair Access
- Wheelchair access details
- Wheelchair access to the toilet may be difficult, please contact to discuss requirements.
- Cater for special dietary requirements
- Dietary needs catered for
- Supports special needs and disabilities
- Able to accommodate other cultures/ethnicities
- Full day: £21.00 for first child. £20.00 for siblings Sessions: £11.50 for first child. £10.50 for siblings Extended care: £2.00 per half hour Trips: £6.00 for a full day trip. £4.00 for a half day. Employer supported childcare vouchers accepted
- Age Range
- 4 years to 11 years
- IndoorOutdoor Play
- Secure setting
- Days out/visits
- Catering facilities
- Outdoor play/equipment
- Place Ranges
- Immediate vacancies
- Date updated
Funded Early Learning
Opening Times & Facilities
- Opening Times
Opening Times Day Opening Time Closing Time Monday 8.30am 6.00pm Tuesday 8.30am 6.00pm Wednesday 8.30am 6.00pm Thursday 8.30am 6.00pm Friday 8.30am 6.00pm
- Offers pickups
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 27/11/2008 Inspection (Early Years Register) Satisfactory 05/06/2014 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good 22/01/2018 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good
- Eligibility criteria for your service and any priority groups
Appletree works in partnership with Sheffield Special Needs Inclusion Playcare Service (SNIPS) to provide care and play opportunities for children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities.
- Do you operate a waiting list?
- Staffing arrangements
Able to assist children/young people to access all activities and services
- Staffing arrangements details
Staff are experienced and undertake necessary/relevant training to ensure children get the most out of their time in club.
- Staff training to support children/young people with SEND
Staff communicate with other professionals and parents/carers to identify training needs.
We have a SENCO and SEN team who identify and arrange appropriate training for staff members to maintain high standards of care.
- How do you communicate with your service users?
Directly with parents/carers
- Last Updated