Games, craft and outdoor/energetic play. Relocates to local church hall November to April each year for extra indoor play space in winter months. Snacks and drinks included at After School Club with option of £2.05 charge for tea. Free breakfast at Breakfast Club. Also runs Holiday Playcare for children 2-11 years.
Coumes Spring Children's Centre - Kingfisher Out of School Club
Who to contact
0114 286 2100
0114 286 2100
Where to go
- Coumes Spring Children's Centre
- S35 0HG
Contact Traveline 01709 515151 or www.travelsouthyorkshire.com
When is it on?
- Time / Date Details
- Monday to Friday 8.00 a.m. - 9.00 a.m. and 3.00 p.m. - 6.00 p.m.
- Session Information
Breakfast Club 8.00 - 9.00 After School sessions 3.00 - 4.00
3.00 - 5.00 or 3.00 - 6.00
- Wheelchair Access
- Wheelchair access details
- Child's wheelchair only.
- Cater for special dietary requirements
- Dietary needs catered for
- Additional dietary information
- Can cater for special diets.
- Supports special needs and disabilities
- Special needs and disabilities details
Speech, Language & Communication needs
No diagnosis yet
Social, emotional and mental health needs
Medical Needs or long term illness
Autistic Spectrum Disorder
Profound & Multiple Learning Difficulty
Severe Learning Difficulty
Moderate Learning Difficulty
Physical Disability/Mobility Issues
- Additional special needs information
- Experience of a wide range of special needs
- Able to accommodate other cultures/ethnicities
- Breakfast Club £5.00 for regular users, £5.60 for casual users. After school £10.50 per session for regular users, £11.76 per session for casual users. Various finish times available, please ask. 10% sibling discount. Employer supported childcare vouchers accepted.
- Age Range
- 4 years to 11 years
- IndoorOutdoor Play
- Disabled Facilities
- Short Breaks
- Quiet Area
- Secure setting
- Catering facilities
- Outdoor play/equipment
- ICT Facilities
- Visual aids
Our Nursery and Out-of-School Club share the same play space for most of the time so the age span is mostly 2 - 11 years.
- Immediate vacancies
- We have a limited number of vacancies. Please enquire. Please contact for more details and to discuss requirements.
- Date updated
Funded Early Learning
Opening Times & Facilities
- Opening Times
Opening Times Day Opening Time Closing Time Monday 8.00am 9.00am Monday 3.00pm 6.00pm Tuesday 8.00am 9.00am Tuesday 3.00pm 6.00pm Wednesday 8.00am 9.00am Wednesday 3.00pm 6.00pm Thursday 8.00am 9.00am Thursday 3.00pm 6.00pm Friday 8.00am 9.00am Friday 3.00pm 6.00pm
- Offers pickups
- Oughtibridge Primary School
- Available to/from
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 16/11/2006 Combined Inspection - Childcare Good 16/11/2006 Combined Inspection - Nursery Education Good 28/03/2012 EYR Inspection Good 10/07/2015 EYR Inspection Good
We work with the Special Needs Inclusion Playcare Service (SNIPS) to provide short breaks and inclusive childcare for school-age children with disabilities. We have been providing this service for at least 15 years, over which time we have gained experience of working with children with a wide range of needs. We are fully inclusive - children both with and without disabilities play together. Where it is not possible for parents/carers or ourselves to obtain funding we may charge for any additional staffing required to meet a child's needs. Children mostly attend during our holiday playscheme as transport is usually an issue for families after-school.
- Contact Name
- Julia Bryan
- Contact Telephone
- 0114 2862100
- Contact Email
- Eligibility criteria for your service and any priority groups
There are no eligibility criteria. However, we are not able to provide funding ourselves so parents need to apply through Special Needs Inclusion Playcare Service or their social worker. If parents are not able to source funding they can opt to attend privately but we may need to charge an extra fee to cover any additional staffing required to meet their child's needs. Children from age two years share the same playspace and this can be difficult for some older children. We advise parents to get in touch with us to discuss their child's needs and arrange a "come and try" visit.
- Do you operate a waiting list?
- Staffing arrangements details
We provide additional staffing as required and this can include 1:1.
If parents are not able to source funding they can opt to attend privately but we may need to charge an extra fee to cover any additional staffing required to meet their child's needs.
- Staff training to support children/young people with SEND
Most staff have a childcare or playwork qualification at level 3 or above. Some staff have basic Makaton training and have attended courses and workshops in areas such as communication and behaviour management. Training is also provided in use of a hoist, gastric feeds, epilepsy and other conditions specific to the needs of the child.
- How do you communicate with your service users?
Directly with parents/carers
- Communicating with service users details
We are happy to discuss children's needs with parents at any time. When children have no verbal communication we keep a daily diary so that we can share information about the child's day with parents.
- Last Updated