Health Trainers can support people on a one 2 one basis around changing or leading a healthy lifestyle. We also support people with long term conditions, supporting patients to self-manage their condition(s). The service is free & confidential.
We support with the following
- Mental health (anxiety, low mood, depression).
- Weight management (weight loss)
- Stop smoking (referral to stop smoking service)
- Alcohol reduction (help reduce alcohol intake, we DO NOT support with alcohol dependency, this is more for the specialised service, which HT can refer into.
- Advice & information (around diet, increasing activity etc).
- Signposting/referring to other services (housing, debts, training, employment)
- Healthy eating
- Support people who are socially isolated or lonely.
- Support in confidence building and motivating clients.
We work with people for 6/7 weeks giving people up to 1 hour per appointment. We will also support with setting health goals with patients. After the 6/7 weeks, we will follow up with clients on a 1, 3, 6, 9 & 12 month period to see if the client has maintained their new behaviour change.
To refer to the Health Trainer service please email email@example.com or call on 07948905071 to be sent the referral forms or make a referral. Be advised that Woodhouse and District Community Forum only cover South East Sheffield (Woodhouse, Westfield, Hackenthorpe, Richmond, Crystal Peaks, Beighton Sothall, Jaunty, Charnock, Gleadless Townend and Mosborough). If you have any Health Trainer referrals for outside of these areas then please email referrals to Healthtrainers@sheffield.gscx.gov.uk.