I am a speaker giving talks/presentations of 16th century social history, and always in appropriate costume. I have 17 different talks to chose from. As well as being informative, I try to amuse, someone described my talks as 'horrible histories for adults', they can be funny, gruesome and sometimes disgusting. In among those talks are some which deal with personalities and local areas.
- An Elizabethan Wardrobe Revealed
- A ‘Virtual’ Tour around Hardwick Hall
- Elizabethan Life; A visitor from the 16th
- Portraits of Elizabeth I and their hidden messages!
- Bess of Hardwick; A Woman of Many Parts!
- Garderobes, Grime & Leeches in the 16th Century!
- Elizabethan Cosmetics
- Medieval and Tudor Garden Styles
- Having your food and eating it – Tudor Style!
- How the Tudors celebrated Christmas!
- The Hidden Secrets in the portraits at Hardwick Hall
- The Dronfield Hall Barn Project
- The Mistresses of Henry VIII
- Lady Alice Deincourt – the builder of the first manor in Dronfield
. Medieval & Tudor Childbirth and Contraception