Do you want to purchase one-to-one support as part of your personal budget? Sheffield Mind’s Support Worker Service can provide you with support to help with most aspects of your daily life. The support can be tailored to what you need and can include:
- helping you maintain or regain skills such as budgeting, cooking etc
- providing emotional support
- helping you to develop coping strategies and increase confidence
- helping you to increase independence and motivation
- helping you to develop ways to combat anxiety, depression or other mental health issues
- support with everyday tasks around the home
- support to get out, perhaps going out to shop or attend activities / classes
- support to attend appointments
Our Support and Recovery Workers can meet with you Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm (although some evening and weekend sessions can be agreed as part of your support plan if required). You will have the same Support Worker for each session, but will be introduced to a second worker, who will cover for holidays and sickness. All our workers are fully trained and supervised by Sheffield Mind and they are all enhanced DBS checked. We can meet with you to discuss how our Support and Recovery Work Service could meet the needs identified in your support plan. Sheffield Mind operate a key work service; this means that we can offer telephone contact outside of your one-to-one session if, for example, you need a worker to liaise with your care coordinator or you need to speak to someone in a crisis.
Cost: £17.95 per hour
If you are not under a Community Mental Health Team or in receipt of a personal budget you can access our service privately. If you would like to apply for this service please go to our website (see below) and download the 'application form for self funders'.
Qualifications & Quality Standards:
Sheffield Mind has been established for 40 years. All staff are Enhanced DBS checked, have experience of working with people with mental health issues and receive specialised in-house training. Holds Employer and Public Liability Insurance.