The British Red Cross helps millions of people in the UK and around the world to prepare for, respond to and recover from emergencies, disasters and conflicts. The British Red Cross is part of the global Red Cross and Red Crescent humanitarian network which refuses to ignore people in crisis.
Services offered include:
• supporting the NHS, public event organisers and individuals through the provision of high quality first aid and ambulance services. For further information please call 0344 412 2738
• loaning wheelchairs and commodes. For further information please call 03004 561914 or see separate entry
• providing free targeted first aid education to adult community groups. For further information please call 0113 201 5250
• helping restore contact between families separated by armed conflict, disaster or migration by using the global Red Cross and Red Crescent network. For further information please call 0114 2427384
• providing free targeted education on stigma around migration to young people via the Youth Education Service. For further information please call 0114 2427393
• support for refugees and asylum seekers at Victoria Hall Methodist Church, S1 - every Wednesday 2-4pm. Support includes casework, destitution supplies and family tracing. For further information please call 0114 2427385
Self or any referral.
A registered charity.