What the course covers - This qualification is designed to build the knowledge and skills needed when working with children and young people from birth to 19 years, in a diverse range of job roles.
Who can apply - Adults 19 years old or older, who work or wants to work at a supervisory level in the children and young people’s workforce.
How to apply - This is a practical course, designed to build and develop your competencies. You must be 19 years of age or older and working in a child care setting, either as a paid or as a volunteer.
We do not have set entry requirements however, you will be asked to attend a Pre-enrolment meeting, to discuss your individual learning needs and help you to decide if this is the correct course for you.
Related qualifications you can progress to?
- The Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People’s
- Home Based Childcare (CYPOP 5)
Types of jobs and roles you can apply for with this qualification
- Assistant Pre-school Workers
• Assistant in Children's Centres
• Assistant in Day Nurseries, Nursery Schools and Nursery Classes
- Supporting Teaching and Learning Workers - who visit families of pre-school children at home
• Foster Carers
• Children and Families Social Workers
• Registered Managers of Children's Homes, plus Deputy and Assistant Managers
• Residential Childcare Workers
• Children and Family Court Advisory and Support Service Advisers
• Youth Worker
• Community Care Officer
• Professional Assistant
• Family Centre Worker