Home Instead Senior Care provides care for vulnerable adults aged 18 years and over to allow them to live independently in the comfort of their own homes. The high quality care that is provided by Home Instead can not only provide help and support for older people, it can provide care for people who have learning disabilities, physical impairments, sensory impairments, mental health issues, brain injury and spinal injury.
Home Instead offer care from 2 hours up to 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, for any client who requires it. These services are centred around the individual and not the task in hand. There are a variety of care options for a client, from just a couple of hours of companionship, to more in depth home help and personal services, all of which are carried out by CAREGivers who have undergone in-house training.
• Personal care such as assistance with bathing, dressing and continence care
• Feeding and swallowing support including suction assistance
• Support with colostomy and catheter care (with client specific training)
• Home support such as cleaning, laundry, meal preparation, shopping
• Help with household budgeting
• Medication support
• Sitting service
• Respite care for main carers including 24h, over night and emergency care
• Support clients with social activities, life skills, attending cultural and learning opportunities
• Assistance with outings, trips
• Supporting clients with holidays of their choice at home or abroad either alone or with family members
• One-to-one support at day services to enable clients to join in activities
• Empowering clients to seek and attend employment opportunities
• Brain and spinal injury care
• Disability care
Home Instead Senior Care have developed a What's On Where (WOW) guide in an attempt to reduce social isolation across Sheffield. The WOW guide contains a list of accessible activities across Sheffield that people can get involved in.
Home Instead Senior Care provides a person centred service matching CAREGivers to clients based on similar personalities and interests. It also maintains continuity of care as clients have the same CAREGivers for each visit, enabling trust to build between them.
Advice and support is also given to people who receive Direct Payments/Individual Budgets, and a suitable care plan can be created around the needs of the client. A brokerage and money management service is also provided to help individuals to manage their care budget.
Home Instead Senior Care aim to recruit more caring and compassionate people to provide this excellent care for all of their clients. From just a couple of hours per week, CAREGivers can help adults with daily tasks to enable them to live independently. Age is no barrier, the oldest Caregiver at Home Instead Senior Care is 78 (however, you do need to be over 18).
Home Instead regularly host Dementia workshops and Senior Fraud talks in order to raise awareness of these topics.
The service is city wide and is able to visit clients and their family in the comfort of their own home or, if preferred clients can visit either of Home Instead's 2 offices located at Nether Lane, Ecclesfield or Psalter Lane, Ecclesall for their initial assessment.
Qualifications & Quality Standards:
This company is registered and inspected by the Care Quality Commission (CQC), to make sure they provide a quality service. All caregivers are CRB checked, have in-house training and Diplomas level 2 or 3 in Health & Social Care (or working towards). Carers are introduced to clients prior to their call. Caregivers working with Dementia related clients attend mandatory HISC Alzheimer's course training.
Company limited by guarantee no 05829481.