Sheffield Flourish work collaboratively to build innovative digital and community projects, recognising the untapped strengths of people who’ve experienced mental health issues.
Sheffield Flourish is a local mental health charity, rooted in the community. We support people living with mental health conditions in using their skills, ideas and talent to build the lives they wish to lead.
Collaborating with people who have experienced difficulties and distress, we've created a website and peer support movement defined by solidarity, friendship, and hope.
We deliver three websites:
- Sheffield Flourish – where people can read and share stories
- The Sheffield Mental Health Guide – where people can find information about support for mental health in our city
- Sheffield Suicide Support - where people who are suicidal can search for appropriate help and support
We support five enterprises:
- Brunsmeer Awareness FC – a mental health friendly football team
- CAST – a creative arts group who run art and creative writing groups, and open mic nights
- Connected Worlds – an art-based project which runs courses designed to build communities and solidarity
- Oasis – a gardening and vegetable growing enterprise
- Open Door Music – a music group for people to learn and develop their skills and interests
We also work hard to support individuals and organisations when they identify gaps in mental health provisions.