- Children should bring their own packed lunch
- Snacks are provided
- If starting at 8 am breakfast of cereal/toast included
- If staying after 4 pm a cooked meal is provided at a cost of £1.00
- Outdoor play
- Holiday Playcare for children aged 6 months - 4 years
- Registered for the 2 year old free early learning places
- Registered to provide 30 hours free entitlement
- Specially Trained staff to support children with additional needs.
- Wheelchair access
Little Imp Pre School
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Natalie Thompson
- Contact Position
- Nursery Manager
- 0114 2348883
- Nursery Website
Where to go
- Little Imp Nursery and Pre-school
- S6 2BG
Contact Traveline 01709 515151 or www.travelsouthyorkshire.com
When is it on?
- Time of day
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
- Session Information
A typical morning sessions would be 9-12 or 9-1 (Including lunch).
A typical afternoon session would be 1-4 or 12-4 (Including lunch).
Children can also start at 8am if parents wish and stay until 5 or 6pm.
- Wheelchair Access
- Wheelchair access details
- Wheelchair access to building and full access to garden. Accessible toilet
- Cater for special dietary requirements
- Dietary needs catered for
- Additional dietary information
- Special dietary requirements can be catered for.
- Supports special needs and disabilities
- Special needs and disabilities experience
Social, emotional and mental health needs
Speech, Language & Communication needs
Severe Learning Difficulty
- Additional special needs information
- Staff are trained in visual impairment, Makaton and speech and language, and have some knowledge around caring for autistic children.
- Able to accommodate other cultures/ethnicities
- Additional culture/ethnicity information
- We accommodate all cultures and ethnicity to the best of our ability.
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £4.80 (0-2 year olds) Per hour £4.50 (2-3 year olds) Per hour £4.40 (3-4 year olds) Per hour
- Under 2's £4.40 per hour 2 - 3's £4.20 per hour Over 3's £4.10 per hour Minimum of 3 hour sessions must be taken 15% discount for over 40 hours per week 10% discount for over 30 hours per week 5% discount for second child attending at the same time Employer Supported Childcare Vouchers accepted
- Age Range
- 0 months to 4 years
- IndoorOutdoor Play
- Disabled Facilities
- Changing facilities
- Sensory Room
- Catering facilities
- Outdoor play/equipment
- The building is fully wheelchair accessible
- We are based in one building
- We use visual timetables
- We have disabled toilet facilities
- We have a sensory room which provides a quiet and safe space - nursery teacher will allow time and monitoring for this.
- Immediate vacancies
- Spaces for 0-2's. Limited space for under 3's. Limited number of sessions available for over 3's. Contact for further information.
- Date updated
Funded Early Learning
- Registered to provide Funded Early Learning Places?
- For 2 year olds (up to 15 hours a week)
- For 3&4 year olds (up to 15 hours a week)
Opening Times & Facilities
- Opening Times
Opening Times Day Opening Time Closing Time Monday 8.00am 6.00pm Tuesday 8.00am 6.00pm Wednesday 8.00am 6.00pm Thursday 8.00am 6.00pm Friday 8.00am 6.00pm
- Offers pickups
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 16/03/2009 Inspection (Early Years Register) Satisfactory 11/12/2012 Inspection (Early Years Register) Satisfactory 12/11/2015 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good 21/08/2018 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good
- Our Special Educational Needs Coordinators are Jane Parkin and Jessica Briggs
- Both work full time and can be contacted on 0114 2348883
- Contact Name
- Jane Parkin or Jessica Briggs
- Contact Telephone
- 0114 2348883
- Contact Email
Ofsted Inspection Report
- Local Offer Age Bands
- Early Years (0-4 years)
- SEN Provision Type
- Eligibility criteria for your service and any priority groups
Places are given on a first come first served basis.
- Through continued observations of the children.
- Communications with parents.
- Outside agencies ie childminders/other settings.Nursery visits and tours can be arranged with the parents and child - showing them around and introducing them to staff
- There are opportunities for parents to ask any questions that they may have
- Settling in visits
- We try and move the children through the rooms with their friends
- The children interact with different age groups at meal times
- Do you operate a waiting list?
- Waiting list details
- If you are on our waiting list you will be contacted as soon as a space becomes available.
- 120 children on our roll
- Average class size 24.
- Staffing arrangements details
- Progress of the children and regular viewing of Individual Education Plans
- Staff communication and parent contact
- Monitor through observations and support this through structured group times e.g. friendship games, role modelling and parent contact
- Circle time including looking at equality and diversity
- Staff training to support children/young people with SEND
Our staff are trained as highly as possible to have the skills and knowledge to be able to support children with special educational needs.
- Staff have attended Autism training, Differentiation in Play, Writing Individual Education Plans, Makaton and Behavior Training
- We hold staff meetings and daily communication in the rooms
- We work closely with the Early Years Inclusion team
- All staff are trained in the administration of medicines, feeding and personal care in line with safeguarding and welfare requirements.
- How do you communicate with your service users?
Directly with parents/carers
Progress updates provided
- Communicating with service users details
We talk to our parents and families on a daily basis. We also use other forms of communication such as newsletters, our notice board, website and facebook page.
- Daily parent contact
- Written communication
- Parents evening
- Coffee mornings
- Support plans are shared with parents so that they can implement them at home
- We share the support plans termly and review them regularly
- We have accessed family members as translators to support parents who have English as an additional Language
- Through our nursery facebook.
- Through our online development records.
- Last Updated
- nursery, babies, toddlers, disabled access, wheelchair accessible, disabled toilet, sensory room