Spectrum Social Care works in partnership with Hutton Housing Group who provide tenancies to adults with learning disabilities. The service has a number of properties available for tenants and will seek to rent or purchase properties on an ongoing basis to ensure they have availability to meet demand. All properties provided are well maintained to a high standard and decorated and furnished, however tenants can add their own personal touches to really make it their home just how they want it.
People with learning disabilities are supported to live in their own home either in a flat on their own, or in a shared house with housemates. Support is available as needed including 24 hour support.
Spectrum will support people to apply for housing benefit to pay for their tenancy from Hutton Housing Group and will set up their package of support using their Direct Payments to cover the cost of any Spectrum support workers required.
Services Provided include:
• Support to undertake and maintain a tenancy
• Support for all household tasks such as cooking, cleaning, laundry
• Support to manage money, budget, use banking systems
• Support to pay bills
• Support to do shopping
• Support to get out and about and socialise
• Support to find activities, employment, volunteering opportunities etc.
• Support through the night
• Support with personal care
• Support with taking medicines
• Support to stay safe
• Support to keep in touch with family and friends
Rent starts from approximately £75 per week, however each property has a different rent value and this will be made known to you when you express an interest in a particular property available.
Support Costs, please contact Spectrum to discuss your needs.
Qualifications and Quality Standards:
All Spectrum staff are DBS Checked (Dislosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB Check) and all tenants will have a Tenancy Agreement. Spectrum Social Care is registered and inspected by the Care Quality Commission (CQC), to ensure a quality service is provided.