HomeCareDirect provides a third party service which enables people who have Personal Budgets and Personal Health Budgets to be in control of their own support at home. The support complies with Care Quality Commission and National Essential Standards of Quality and Safety. HomeCareDirect have Sheffield City Council's Recognised Provider List status for their home support service but not for their money management or support planning services.
HomeCareDirect caters for older people, children and young people, people with learning disabilities, people with mental health issues, people with physical impairments and/or sensory impairments and people with complex and challenging behaviour. The service from HomeCareDirect can include all specialist services to meet the needs of individual clients.
HomeCareDirect was established in 2003 we recognise that people who use Personal Budgets, Personal Health Budgets and Direct Payments to choose and employ their own personal carers can also have the downside of being their legal employer with all the legislation and paperwork that comes with this responsibility. HomeCareDirect remove this by allowing individuals or families to choose personal carers themselves then HomeCareDirect become the legal employer on the individuals or families behalf.
HomeCareDirect are passionate about enabling individuals to have control and the choice to find their ideal carer(s). People who use HomeCareDirect are free to arrange their day to day support to suit their own needs and routines. Personal carers can be neighbours, friends, family members or someone found through a joint recruitment process. Where training is required HomeCareDirect will work with you to arrange tailored training for your personal carers that matches your specific needs.
- Being the legal employer of Personal Assistant’s (PA) on your behalf
- Providing a third party service for direct payments, personal health budgets and personal budgets
- Recruiting, training and ongoing support of Personal Assistant’s to Care Quality Commission (CQC) standards as part of overall service provision
- Full Employer and Liability Insurances
- Payroll Services as part of overall service provision
- Managed Account to receive funding as part of overall service provision
- Remove and change to Truly personalised and person centred care planning and service delivery, with you at the centre of your package of care at home
- Home Care
- Personal Care
- Health and Social care at home
- As part of your overall services from HomeCareDirect your PA’s will only be employed to work with you, giving you a small, reliable staff team so you always know who is coming into your home to provide your care
- Individual support packages meeting your needs
- 24 hours a day contact including emergency out of hours
- The ongoing support from our community based Independent Living Nurse
- The ongoing support from our office based Independent Living Advisors
- Individuals who work with HomeCareDirect have used their Personal Budget, Personal Health Budgets and Direct Payment to pay for a wide variety of services, including help with personal health care, personal care, cooking, cleaning, shopping, medication support, support in the community, sitting service, transport, support to attend cultural and social activities and meeting religious needs, befriending services and craft activities.