GamCare is a national organisation which provides information, advice, support and free counselling for the prevention and treatment of problem gambling.
GamCare provide information, advice, support and free counselling for the prevention and treatment of problem gambling. They operate the National Gambling Helpline (0808 8020 133), provide treatment for problem gamblers and their families, create awareness about responsible gambling and treatment, and encourage an effective approach to responsible gambling within the gambling industry.
The services they offer include:
- The National Gambling HelpLine – it’s free to call on 0808 8020 133 and runs seven days a week 24 hours a day. It provides live, confidential, one-to-one information, advice and emotional support. It can signpost to further sources of specialist help, including GamCare’s counselling services across the UK.
- An online chat service called NetLine – it offers the same support as the National Gambling HelpLine and also runs seven days a week.
- An online forum and chat rooms are available to anyone who wants to share their experiences.
- An online self-assessment tool.
- Individual face-to-face counselling and online counselling.