Sheffield Alcohol Support Service (SASS) Overall Aim
To enable people to change their lives through a range of specialist alcohol, drug and family centred services.
SASS has been supporting people with alcohol problems since it formed in 1978. We are a registered charity (no: 1087215) and limited company (no: 3870000). SASS currently runs five main services:
- The Alcohol Recovery Community (ARC) – this project provides community peer support, health and wellbeing activities, training and volunteering opportunities to people in recovery from alcohol addiction.
- Waypoint - SASS’ social enterprise project that provides paid for training courses and consultancy to professionals in order to fund service user training and contribute towards the financial stability of the organisation. Waypoint’s particular specialism’s are supporting organisations and volunteers around drunk and alcohol awareness, service-user involvement and peer volunteering.
- Residential Rehab - offers a residential facility for up to 10 recovering alcohol users whose abstinence would improve from living in an alcohol free environment, away from the temptations of their daily life.
- Families Together - is an innovative project which provides crisis interventions to families where there is immediate risk of the child(ren) being taken into state care.
- Drink Wise Age Well – part of the consortium of local providers for a national preventative and responsive approach to addressing alcohol use in the over 50’s