A free, healthy breakfast is offered (served at around 9.00am). Children can bring a packed lunch if they wish to or a hot meal is cooked on site . Parents must provide milk and lunch for babies. The nursery encourages home to school contact and parental involovment. Also run various training courses for parents and offers extended support to the community. School was awarded 'Good with some outstanding features' at the last OFSTED inspection. Children with special educational needs are very welcome. Accredited with the Charter for Quality Award. Also registered for the 2 year old free early learning places.
Grace Owen Nursery School
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Grace Owen Nursery School
- Contact Position
- Nancy Farrow-Headteacher Claire Boardman- Nursery School Manager
- 0114 272 2541
Where to go
- Grace Owen Nursery School
1-7 The Pavement
- S2 5QB
The nursery is situated in the heart of Parkhill, in the multi- coloured redeveloped section, very close to the centre of Sheffield. Easy access to train station,bus station and within walking distance of the town centre.
There is a pay and display car park situated next to the nursery school.
When is it on?
- Time / Date Details
- Open Monday to Friday 8am until 6pm.
- Time of day
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
- Session Information
Morning and afternoon session but very flexible and childcare can be booked by the hour at beginning and end of day.
- Wheelchair Access
- Wheelchair access details
- wheelchair accessible
- Cater for special dietary requirements
- Dietary needs catered for
- Additional dietary information
- Special dietary requirements can be catered for
- Supports special needs and disabilities
- Special needs and disabilities experience
Speech, Language & Communication needs
No diagnosis yet
Social, emotional and mental health needs
Medical Needs or long term illness
Autistic Spectrum Disorder
Profound & Multiple Learning Difficulty
Severe Learning Difficulty
Moderate Learning Difficulty
Physical Disability/Mobility Issues
- Additional special needs information
- Children with special needs are very welcome.
- Able to accommodate other cultures/ethnicities
- Culture/ethnicities accommodated
- Additional culture/ethnicity information
- Cultural provisions
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £5.00 Per hour £4.50 Per hour
- Age Range
- 0 years 0 months to 5 years 0 months
- IndoorOutdoor Play
- Quiet Area
- Days out/visits
- Catering facilities
- Outdoor play/equipment
- ESOL Classes
- Disabled Facilities
- Changing facilities
- Extended Services school
- Secure setting
- We welcome all children and their families. please contact us to arrange a visit or discuss your requirements.
- Place Ranges
- Providers who offer pickups from this setting
Yasmeen Begum, Childminder
DISCLAIMER: Grace Owen Nursery School is not responsible for other childcare providers who are available to pick up from the setting and their inclusion on this list should not be understood to represent a partnership or endorsement. It is the parent or carer's responsibility to check that they are satisfied with the quality of additional providers.
- Immediate vacancies
- Vacancy Ranges
six months - three years Years: 0 places
three years three months - four years Years: places
- We are currently operating a waiting list for places. Please contact the nursery to put your child's name on the list for a place in the future. Some places are available for children who are three.
- Date updated
Funded Early Learning
- Registered to provide Funded Early Learning Places?
- For 2 year olds (up to 15 hours a week)
- For 3&4 year olds (up to 15 hours a week)
Opening Times & Facilities
- Opening Times
Opening Times Day Opening Time Closing Time Monday 8.00am 6.00pm Tuesday 8.00am 6.00pm Wednesday 8.00am 6.00pm Thursday 8.00am 6.00pm Friday 8.00am 6.00pm
Extended Services school
- Offers pickups
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 11/08/2016 Inspection (Early Years Register) Outstanding
The setting is very inclusive and additional support is provided for children with special educational needs or disabilities.
- Contact Telephone
- 0114 272 2541
- Contact Email
Grace Owen Nursery Website
Ofsted inspection report
- Local Offer Age Bands
- Early Years (0-4 years)
- SEN Provision Type
- Eligibility criteria for your service and any priority groups
- Education and childcare for children 6 months to 5 years.
- Holidays childcare for children aged up to 8 years
- Provision for children with additional needs aged up to 8 years holiday play scheme.
- Do you operate a waiting list?
- Waiting list details
Waiting list are used due to high demand.
- Staffing arrangements
Able to assist children/young people to access all activities and services
- Staffing arrangements details
All staff are trained to level three and above. Staff trained to use Makaton and are very knowledgable in early years.
- Staff training to support children/young people with SEND
- Staff have ongoing training and have experience of working with children with social and communication difficulties, children with autism and downs syndrome.
- Communication in Print training has been undertaken by staff and used to create an inclusive setting.
- How do you communicate with your service users?
Directly with parents/carers
Progress updates provided
- Communicating with service users details
Parents are valued as the first educators of their child and communication with parents is highly valued.
- Last Updated
- Nurseries, Looking After children, Free early Learning