Stocksbridge Community Care Group works to combat the loneliness and isolation of older people in the area and helps people to live well with dementia
Stocksbridge Community Care Group (SCCG) is an older people's charity working in Stocksbridge, Deepcar, Wharncliffe Side, Oughtibridge and Worrall.
The aim is to combat social isolation and loneliness for older people in the area, and help them live well with dementia, so that they can remain valuable members of our community. The charity provides:-
- Friendly Visitor Scheme - offering one to one befriending to those feeling lonely and isolated.
- Friday Drop-In - a group activity that takes place at The Venue in Stocksbridge every week on a Friday 10am-3pm.
- First Call Helpline - Information on Social Activities, bereavement support, and signposting information call 0114 2886989
Stocksbridge & Upper Don Community Dementia Provision
- Stocksbridge Memory Time Café & Carers Support Group Every THIRD Monday of the month 1.30 – 3.30pm The Venue Stocksbridge
- Musical Memories Community Tour Various venues around the Stocksbridge & Upper Don Area
- Memory Time Café Every FIRST Thursday of the month 10.00 – 12 noon The Venue Stocksbridge
- Musical Memories Every THIRD Friday of the month 1.00 – 3.00pm The Venue Stocksbridge
The TIME project (This Is Me Entirely) Life Story Work is an activity involving developing an individual biography of a person’s life often used in dementia care
Playlist for Life Playlist for Life is a UK music and dementia charity. They use the music of a person’s life to keep them connected to themselves and their loved ones throughout their dementia journey.
Dementia Companions: Part of our “Friendly Visitor/Befriending Service” Dementia Companions are volunteers who’ve been trained as “Dementia Friends” and are genuinely interested in forming friendships with people who are living well with dementia.
Stocksbridge a “Dementia Friendly Community” Communities that are dementia-friendly have more opportunity to support people in the early stages of dementia, maintaining and boosting their confidence and their ability to manage everyday life.