Seven Steps provides Personal Assistant (PA) support for individuals in their own home. Specialises in supporting adults with learning disabilities and adults with physical and/or sensory impairment. Matches PAs to individual clients for consistency. The PA is employed by Seven Steps so there is no need for clients to employ directly. The level of the service provided depends on the outcome of the individual's Support Plan completed by a social worker, care manager or various other professionals.
- personal care including washing and dressing
- domestic chores including cleaning, ironing, laundry etc
- help getting out and about safely, taking part in social activities and going to medical appointments, maintaining friendships and relationships, going on holiday
- travel solutions and travel training
- sitting service
- help with shopping and going on shopping trips
- help with maintaining their tenancies, managing finances and budgeting
- help with maintaining parental responsibilities and contact visits
- preparation of healthy meals
- employment, training and volunteering support
Seven Steps service provision starts at the point the Support Plan has been completed and signed off.
Qualifications & Quality
All staff are DBS checked and are NVQ 2 or NVQ3 qualified in Health and Social Care or are working towards this. Staff are required to attend all core training which includes moving and handling, emergency first aid, personal support, Mental Capacity / DOLS, Dignity and Respect, information governance, learning disability awareness, person centred active support. Further training is also offered including autism awareness, dementia awareness, intensive interaction awareness, sensory integration awareness and PEG feeding.
Seven Steps has Public Liability insurance, Employer's Liability insurance and Professional Indemnity insurance. Seven Steps is inspected by the Care Quality Commission (CQC) to ensure a quality service is provided.
Seven Steps is a local Sheffield company which aims recognise and value the inherent worth and dignity of each person, treat people with courtesy and respect and work in an anti-discriminatory way. Seven Steps pays its staff the Living Wage.
Company limited by guarantee no 08584469.