Direct Health UK offers a professional and friendly service to aid independence and improve the quality of life for those who require care and support in their own home. The company provides home care services to predominantly older people but also younger people with disabilities, including people with learning disabilities, physical impairments and/or sensory impairments.
• personal care and support (including dressing, washing and bathing)
• mobility and moving around your home
• shopping and meal preparation - healthy eating
• medication support
• laundry and cleaning tasks (domestic support)
• budgeting eg pension collection
• care at night time (sleep-in nights & waking nights)
• care following hospital discharge
• sitting service including over night support
• respite care
• carer's short breaks and holidays support
• support with child care
• escorting to appointments/social activities and getting out and about
• dementia care
• palliative care and end of life care
• companionship / befriending
If you have an Individual Budget and are considering appointing your own personal assistants Direct Health can provide help with advertising, recruitment checks, training and payroll services.
Charges start at £12 per hour, please contact for a full schedule of prices (this price is supplied by Direct Health UK, please check it yourself for accuracy).
Qualifications & Quality Standards:
All staff undergo a rigorous recruitment process which includes an Enhanced CRB check and receive a period of induction training including:
• moving and handling
• personal care
• policies and procedures and take part in ongoing training and specialist courses such as dementia care, childcare and special needs care.
This company is registered and inspected by the Care Quality Commission (CQC), to make sure a quality service is provided. They are accredited by Investors in People and ISO:9001 accredited also.
Company limited by guarantee 04634266.