Activities include crafts, games, music, stories, out door play and occational woodland activities or trips out. Children should bring their own packed lunch. Breakfast and snacks are included. £2.05 charge for tea (optional). In addition to school age children we are able to take 3 & 4 year olds in the holiday scheme. We can also take two year olds when accompanied by an older sibling.
Coumes Spring Children's Centre Holiday Scheme - Kingfisher Club
Who to contact
0114 286 2100
0114 286 2100
Where to go
- Coumes Spring Children's Centre
Naylor Road (via Poplar Road)
- S35 0HG
Contact Traveline 01709 515151 or www.travelsouthyorkshire.com
Our post code is for Oughtibridge School entrance on Naylor Road. We do not have access through the school grounds so please use our entrance on Poplar Road. Turn left onto footpath at the end of Poplar Road - our gate is on the right.
When is it on?
- Time / Date Details
- School holidays except for period between Christmas and the beginning of the beginning of the Spring Term. 8.00 to 6.00 Monday to Friday.
- Session Information
Flexible hours accepted except for core sessions of 9.00 to 12.00 and 1.00 to 3.00.
- Wheelchair Access
- Wheelchair access details
- Accessible toilet. Wheel chair access to all areas except small group room. Portable hoist for changing.
- Cater for special dietary requirements
- Additional dietary information
- Special dietary requirements can be catered for.
- Supports special needs and disabilities
- Special needs and disabilities details
Speech, Language & Communication needs
No diagnosis yet
Social, emotional and mental health needs
Medical Needs or long term illness
Autistic Spectrum Disorder
Profound & Multiple Learning Difficulty
Severe Learning Difficulty
Moderate Learning Difficulty
Physical Disability/Mobility Issues
- Additional special needs information
- Experience of a wide range of special needs
- Able to accommodate other cultures/ethnicities
- Additional culture/ethnicity information
- Religious and cultural needs can be catered for.
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £3.36 to £5.50 Per hour
- £3.00 - £4.24 per hour when booked in advance. Late bookings (after start of holiday period) £3.36 - £4.75 per hour. 10% sibling discount. Employer supported childcare vouchers accepted.
- Age Range
- 3 years to 11 years
- IndoorOutdoor Play
- Musical Instruments
- Disabled Facilities
- Short Breaks
- Quiet Area
- Secure setting
- Days out/visits
- Outdoor play/equipment
- Visual aids
- Immediate vacancies
- Please contact for vacancy information
- Date updated
Funded Early Learning
Opening Times & Facilities
- Opening Times
Opening Times Day Opening Time Closing Time Monday 8.00am 6.00pm Tuesday 8.00am 6.00pm Wednesday 8.00am 6.00pm Thursday 8.00am 6.00pm Friday 8.00am 6.00pm
- Offers pickups
- Oughtibridge Primary School
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 16/11/2006 Integrated Good 28/03/2012 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good 10/07/2015 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good
We have been providing short breaks and child care through Special Needs Inclusion Playcare Service (SNIPS) for around 15 years and have a wide experience of caring for children with a variety of needs. School age children and nursery age children from two years old are cared for in the same room but we have a smaller group room where children can spend time occasionally with their own age group.
- Eligibility criteria for your service and any priority groups
There is no eligibility criteria for our service, however, families will need to approach SNIPS (Special needs Inclusion Playcare Service) if funding is required to support the place.
- Do you operate a waiting list?
- Staffing arrangements details
We normally work to a 1:8 staffing ratio for children age 3 - 7, 1:10 for ages 7 - 11 years and 1:4 for children age two. Where children age 3 - 11 have additional needs we enhance the staffing level for them to 1:4, 1:2 or 1:1 as appropriate. If funding for this is not available through SNIPS for additional staffing we will need to make an additional charge to parents for the enhanced staffing levels.
- Staff training to support children/young people with SEND
Staff have training in language and communication difficulties including a little makaton tuition. We arrange training around the needs of individual children for instance for epelepsy, gastric feeds, moving and handling etc.
- How do you communicate with your service users?
Directly with parents/carers
- Communicating with service users details
We communicate with children and young people using what ever method is appropriate to them. We keep a daily diary sheet for parents at their request and especialy when children are non-verbal. Bookings and admin matters are dealt with in person, over the phone or by email.
- Last Updated