The Association of Radical Midwives exists to
1) re-establish the confidence of the midwife in her own skills as an autonomous practitioner
2) share ideals, skills and information
3) encourage midwives in their support of women's active participation in birth
4) re-affirm the need for midwives to provide continuity of care
5) encourage evaluation of development in midwifery
The Sheffield group is a local mutual support group and campaigning group for midwives. It welcomes midwives, student midwives and anyone interested in our aims.