Contact the Health and Housing Team if you need to make changes to your home to help you manage better and become more independent. The team can offer advice, equipment and adaptations. 

The team can also help you apply for a Disabled Facilities Grant. This can help cover the cost of equipment and adaptations, depending on your income and savings.

Disabled children under 18 years old can usually get a grant without their parents’ income being taken into account.

If your home is not suitable for adaptation the Health and Housing Team can support you to look at re-housing.

Please see Specialist equipment for children and young people with SEND for information about mobility aids, assistive technology, communication aids and more.