Skip to main content

Living with, or visiting, an approved carer in their home

If you are over 16 years old and have ongoing support needs, you can be matched to an approved carer who shares their home to give you care, support and housing.

This could be for:

  • short break placements
  • long-term placements –  with you becoming part of someone’s household and family

In Sheffield this is known as Shared Lives.

Talk to your social worker to find out more about living with, or visiting an approved carer in their home.

If you do not have a social worker but want to find out more, please contact the First Contact Team.

More information about short breaks and respite for carers of adults

Last review: 05/07/2021
Information owner: Strategy and Commissioning, People Portfolio

Last Updated: 07/07/2021
Back to top Contact US
Powered by Open Objects © Open Objects Software Limited