Skip to main content

Advice and Information (Local Offer)

Sheffield SEN & Disability Information Advice and Support (SSENDIAS)

You and your family can get information, advice or support from SSENDIAS - Sheffield SEN & Disability Information Advice and Support (formerly Parent Partnership Service). SSENDIAS provides impartial, confidential information, advice and support on issues relating to special educational needs and disabilities, including

  • education
  • health
  • social care
  • funding and benefits
  • access to services
  • equipment and adaptations
  • leisure
  • other sources of information

They offer support for children or young people (aged 0 to 25 years) in Sheffield who have any level or kind of difficulty or disability. Children and young people, and their parents or carers can contact SSENDIAS directly by telephone, 0114 273 6009, or e-mail

Family Support

Get support from Multi Agency Support Teams. Each year these provide support for 100s of families. Examples of the support provided are;

• Help at time of Family Crisis
• Behaviour and Parenting Skills from newborns to teenagers
• Problems at school
• Finding services
• Employment and training

Citizen’s Advice

Sheffield Citizens Advice offer free, independent advice on consumer rights, debt, employment, family matters, housing and homelessness, immigration, welfare benefits and tax credits.

They may offer you formal representation at a court hearing or tribunal. Sheffield Citizens Advice is a quality marked advice service. The Advice Sheffield website also has a range of self-help information.

Sheffield Law Centre is also part of Sheffield Citizens Advice Centre and continues to deliver specialist legal services.

Specialist Advice Services

There are a range of specialist advice services including:Sheffield Parent Carer Forum, Sheffield Children's NHS Foundation Trust, Sheffield MindDisability Sheffield, Sheffield Mencap and Voluntary Action Sheffield. Their websites supply a host of information including advice factsheets, news, volunteering opportunities and support groups and activities to join.

Finding information and getting support from other sources

Libraries can help you find information and 24 hour services are available online.

Advice and information providers include helplines, and local and national services relating to children and young people with SEND.

 More events and services for children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities.

Back to top Contact US
Powered by Open Objects © Open Objects Software Limited