There are different options for where you can live in Sheffield:
- Live at home with your family
- Rented housing
- Buy your own home
- Move into a supported living scheme
- Live with, or visit, an approved carer in their home
If you have a social worker, you can talk to them about your housing options.
Find out about:
- Adapting your home
- Care and support at home
- Renting your home (in private or social housing)
- Supported Living
- Living with, or visiting, an approved carer in their home (Shared Lives)
- Buying a home
Help to pay your rent or Council Tax
You may be entitled to help to pay your rent or Council Tax depending on your income, savings and needs.
Other support at home
- Personal Budgets: Personal budgets are intended to give you more choice and control over your healthcare, social care and parts of your education.
- Personal Assistants: If you employ a Personal Assistant to help meet your care and support needs, or are planning to, read Sheffield City Council's useful information and advice: Employing a personal assistant.
- Assistive technology and care alarms: Use the City Wide Care Alarm service for safety, security and increased independence.
Preparing for Adulthood have produced a booklet called No Place Like Home, which aims to help people with learning disabilities find the right housing choice for them.
Last review: 05/07/2021
Information owner: Strategy and Commissioning, People Portfolio