Skip to main content

Help with housing

There are different options for where you can live in Sheffield:

  • Live at home with your family
  • Rented housing
  • Buy your own home
  • Move into a supported living scheme
  • Live with, or visit, an approved carer in their home

If you have a social worker, you can talk to them about your housing options.

Find out about:

Help to pay your rent or Council Tax

You may be entitled to help to pay your rent or Council Tax depending on your income, savings and needs.

Other support at home

  • Personal Budgets: Personal budgets are intended to give you more choice and control over your healthcare, social care and parts of your education.

More information

Preparing for Adulthood have produced a booklet called No Place Like Home, which aims to help people with learning disabilities find the right housing choice for them.

Last review: 05/07/2021
Information owner: Strategy and Commissioning, People Portfolio

Back to top Contact US
Powered by Open Objects © Open Objects Software Limited