Skip to main content
Search Results (24)

Advice & Information

 Directory results

Adapting your home

Contact the Health and Housing Team if you need to make changes to your home to help you manage better and become more independent. The team can offer advice, equipment and adaptations. The team can also help you apply for a Disabled Facilities Grant. This…

Additional Information for Transition into Adulthood

The following sections link to sources of advice about preparing a young person with Special Education Needs or Disabilities for adulthood.

Annual health checks for young people with a learning disability

People with a learning disability often have poorer physical and mental health than other people. This does not need to be the case. Annual health checks are for adults and young people aged 14 or over with a learning disability. An annual health check helps…

Apprenticeships, Traineeships and Supported Internships

Apprenticeships An apprenticeship is a paid job with a training component. It allows young people to earn while they learn, as well as gaining a nationally recognised qualification. Who they are for: Apprenticeships are for young people aged 16 and upwards. The young person will…

Buying a home

You can receive help to buy your own home through a Shared Ownership scheme. Shared Ownership is where you buy a share of a property and rent the rest of it. This can sometimes be cheaper than renting from a private landlord. Shared Ownership does…

Care and support at home

Care and support is the help some people need to live as well as possible with any illness, disability or impairment. Carers can come to your home for 24 hour care, or just a few hours, on a short or long-term basis.  They can help…

Finding and keeping a job

This article lists the support available in Sheffield to help young people with disabilities and health conditions to find and keep a job. Last reviewed: 14/03/2019 Information owners: Jobcentre Plus, Sheffield Futures, Sheffield College, Sheaf Training

Help with Caring (Local Offer)

Help with caring Some people need practical support. This can be for both inside and outside the home. This support can be given by social care services. The local authority can carry out an assessment to decide if you or your family needs support from…

Help with housing

There are different options for where you can live in Sheffield: Live at home with your family Rented housing Buy your own home Move into a supported living scheme Live with, or visit, an approved carer in their home If you have a social worker,…


Contact the Housing Solutions service if you are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless. The service can give advice about your rights, housing options and help you find alternative accommodation. Last review: 09/06/2020 Information owner: Strategy and Commissioning, People Portfolio
Back to top Contact US
Powered by Open Objects © Open Objects Software Limited